Monday 10 August 2015

Wait... I have a blog?

Hey everyone,

My last 3 posts (if I remember rightly) have been "I'm back, I'll post again soon" and just stuff like that. Now, you'd think this one would be like that but I thought I'd do just a catch-up and then a few little random things to make up for it!

Okay, so where have I been (I answer this like every post)? Well, I just got caught up in other things. I had a great July - I read 5 books and, you know, just went abroad to Amsterdam! I'm also officially in my last year of secondary school so that happened. August... Well I've done nothing. I lost some friends because they didn't talk to me at all and I felt left out, I made some friends with people I didn't ever expect to be friends with. I also got an old friend back who, I have to admit, I've missed a lot...

As for these random little sections, maybe I'll do these more often. Tell me in the comments if you like this idea rather than regular random posts.

Books I want right now




Vampire DiariesOkay, the picture above is of the fifth book in the series but I already own the first four despite not having read them. Vampire Diaries focuses around teenager Elena Gilbert, who falls in love with the irresistible Stefan Salvitore. Anyone who's read Twilight knows how this goes; love triangle (with Stefan's brother, Damon) and a vampire family. Don't judge it by this though; if it's anything like the TV adaption, there very very different books.

Cinder
A friend told me about this one because she couldn't stop mentioning it for at least a week... Cinder is the first book in The Lunar Chronicles, which has been described to me by the same friend as "Fairy-tales but with a twist". When I had a little Google, the story is set in a futuristic world with androids and humans all existing together. It sounds so amazing and I haven't even read the blurb! Basically, it seems as if the writer has took fairy-tales and made them exist in a dystopian world. Besides Hunger Games, I love Dystopia's so this is definitely on my to-buy list.

Visit to Amsterdam

So at the end of July I visited Amsterdam. Whilst I was only there for a few hours, the cruise there and back was definitely something. The two best nights I've ever had occurred on there, so it is definitely worth writing about. We set sail from the port at five in the afternoon, and arrived at ten  in the morning the next day. In the 17 hours in between, we had an all you can eat dinner which was amazing, and sat and watched the sea on the top deck. I can easily say that sitting with a bunch of people I barely know, talking about random things whilst looking at the deep blue sea is definitely a memory I'm proud to have.

In Amsterdam, we didn't do too much. We drove into the city which took about an hour, then went to the Anne Frank museum in the morning. I'm not big on history so okay, it wasn't my favourite thing but it was still pretty cool to learn about. We had lunch (Kettle crisps, M&M's, Bitter Lemon and a Pain Au Chocolat) and then went on a canal tour. Amsterdam is such a beautiful place and I want to go back so badly.

The return trip, well it was the same as the way there with the exception that I spent a bit of time on the top deck with some people I now call friends - yes, I've learnt the definition of that word. Anyway, with a couple of filters and a bit of editing, here are a couple pictures from the trip:


Word Association Game

For those of you who don't know what this is, you say a word and think of a word that relates to it. So if I said 'tree', I might think 'forest'. Basically I'm adapting that into a game on here, and I'll explain why I associated them (it's random but still!)

Rubiks - There's a Rubik's Cube on my desk.
Cube - I think of the company, I think of a cube.
Volume - You work out the volume of a cube in maths.
Sound - You can change how loud sounds are by changing the volume
Wave - Sound travels in waves.
Sea - You find waves in the sea
Saw - See-Saws?
Movie - Saw is a movie
Paper Towns - Paper Towns is a movie
John Green - Wrote Paper Towns
Uncle John - He's a character in Vampire Diaries, John Green made me think of John's
Vampire - Vampire Diaries... It's pretty self explanatory!
Blood - Vampires need blood to survive.
Red - Blood is red.
Mortal Instruments - I've "read" Mortal Instruments (and loved it!)
Clary - Main character in Mortal Instruments

Okay... I'm stuck! Oh well, that would have been better in video form but I don't vlog so...

Places I Want To Visit

Everyone has that place that they've never been, but have always wanted to visit. I've got lots of them so here are my top three!


Times Square, New York, USA

Some people prefer quiet rural areas... Cities to me are a heaven. I love big cities with lots of noise and Times Square, is the perfect example of that! It's the city that never sleeps and to me, being able to go to a shop at one in the morning is just so weird that it makes it brilliant. I mean, I had a picture of Times Square hanging above my bed for almost three years. This is definitely one of the places I want to visit the most.

Rome, Italy

I don't know much about Rome; people have told me that it's beautiful whilst some have said it's not that great. From what I've seen in films and TV shows, the city looks brilliant and whilst it isn't the busy, twenty-four hour city New York is, there are so many things to see and do. That photo alone makes me envy people who have been...



Los Angeles, USA

There is no where I want to visit more than California, especially Los Angeles. There's nothing I could really say I like the best, but the combination of busy city life, plus sandy beaches, plus all of the sights (Santa Monica Pier, Universal Studios, Disneyland etc.) I don't think I could run out of things to do if I visited. Also, I really want to go to Stanford University after college (I need like top grades in every subject) and I wouldn't mind the road trips down to LA.



I know I've been gone a while, I know I don't post often but what you've got to know, is that I'm not dead and I'm still going to be mildly active. I hope this makes up for two months worth of blog posts! There's a lot of random stuff here; do you prefer this or prefer me making big posts about a certain topic? Tell me in the comments!

Love you all,
Ems!




1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I like both types. I like these ones because there kind of like lots of mini blog posts but then again I also like the long in depth ones (especially when it comes to the rants!). Amsterdam sounds amazing, wish I could have came! Glad to have you back 😊

    ReplyDelete